I specialize in working with people that experience what we call "Sudden Wealth." Typically, the income came from one of these life events:
1) Accessing and Managing Retirement Assets
2) A Performance Contract (Typically a Sports or Entertainment Contract)
3) Divorce Settlement
4) Inheritance or Insurance Payout
5) Sale of a Business or Stock Options
6) A Personal Injury Settlement
I believe the unique nature of these events requires specialized professional experience, empathy and communication to deal with both the financial changes and the life changes that inevitably come with them.
Financial Planning Is More Than Just Crunching Numbers...It's Personal!
Financial planning is as much about living your best life as it is about money and the more you understand how your life goals and your finances relate to each other, the more successful you may be. I saw the benefits of planning first hand in June 2019, when I suddenly had an aneurysm in my leg while hiking at high altitude in Colorado. The subsequent surgeries and recovery were much less stressful for me and my family knowing I had my will, medical directives, business buy/sell agreement, life insurance and diversified investments all in place when we suddenly found ourselves dealing with an unexpected emergency...by the way, I am fine now!
As for me, beside being a financial planner, I am also a proud father, partner, business owner and a former track athlete and multiple marathon finisher (before all the years of pounding took their toll). I have the honor of doing what I love surrounded by people I love, and my goal is to help my clients find the time and financial freedom to do the same...minus all the math!
Areas Of Expertise:
- Equity Compensation Strategies For Business Owners & Executives
- Woman's Unique Financial Planning Needs
- Professional Athletes
- Investment/Asset Allocation Advice
- Estate Planning
- Risk Management
- Retirement Planning
- Women in Transition (divorced, widowed, changing jobs)
- Sports and Entertainment Professionals
- Corporate Executives
- Small Business Owners
Education / Certification
- Accredited Wealth Manager (AWMA), College of Financial Planning
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS)
- Executive Program for Financial Planning Certification (CFP®), University of Georgia, Inaugural Class Graduate
- FIVE STAR Wealth Manager, Atlanta Magazine, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and Forbes Magazine, 2017*
- Listed as “One of the Advisors You Should Get To Know”, Wall Street Journal, 2015
- General Securities Representative, FINRA Series 7 Registration**
- Uniform Securities Agent, FINRA Series 63 Registration**
- Uniform Investment Advisor, FINRA Series 65 Registration**
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Member
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, University of Alabama
- Currently working towards a Master of Science Degree in Financial Services
*Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star Wealth Managers.
** Registrations held with LPL Financial
All Investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against a loss.