I specialize in working with people that experience what we call "Sudden Income." Typically, the income came from one of these events:
1) Accessing and Managing Retirement Assets
2) A Performance Contract (Typically a Sports or Entertainment Contract)
3) Divorce Settlement
4) Inheritance or Insurance Payout
5) Sale of a Business or Stock Options
6) A Personal Injury Settlement
I believe the unique nature of these events requires specialized professional experience, empathy and communication to deal with both the financial changes and the life changes that inevitably come with them.
I am open, non-judging and easy to talk to about my clients dreams and fears and have the ability to simplify complex strategies into an actionable plan. Each client defines financial success differently and my goal is to guide them from where they are now to where they want to be. As my client's advisor, my goal is to provide them with a lifetime income stream, improving returns, protecting their funds and managing taxes. Prior to joining Integrated Financial Group, I was a Partner, COO and Head of the Financial Planning Department at another Atlanta-based firm. I also worked at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Services as a Financial Advisor.
On the personal front, I’ve been blessed to have the ability to visit the world. Seeing how other societies live provides me important perspective around the concept of not just “living to work” but rather to use work and the income it creates to live the life that we want. It’s an important concept that we weave into each client’s long-term vision for their lives. When I am not working with my clients, I spend time as a partner, mentor and father. Our household includes 3 kids, 4 fish, 1 cat and one bearded dragon named Larry.
Areas Of Expertise:
- Retirement Planning For Business Owners & Executives
- Woman's Unique Financial Planning Needs
- Professional Athletes
- Investment/Asset Allocation Advice
- Estate Planning
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Women in Transition (divorced, widowed, changing jobs)
- Sports and Entertainment Professionals
- Corporate Executives
- Small Business Owners
- High Net Worth Individuals and Families
Education / Certification
- Accredited Wealth Manager (AWMA), College of Financial Planning
- Executive Program for Financial Planning Certification (CFP®), University of Georgia, Inaugural Class Graduate
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS)
- *FIVE STAR Wealth Manager, Atlanta Magazine, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, Forbes Magazine, 2017
- Listed as “One of the Advisors You Should Get To Know”, Wall Street Journal, 2015
- General Securities Representative, FINRA Series 7 Registration**
- Uniform Securities Agent, FINRA Series 63 Registration**
- Uniform Investment Advisor, FINRA Series 65 Registration**
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Member
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, University of Alabama
- Currently working towards a Master of Science Degree in Financial Services
*Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of Five Star Wealth Managers.
** Registrations held with LPL Financial
All Investing involves risk including loss of principal. No strategy assures success or protects against a loss.